Consider a #VoteYesOnM on Nov. 8 to provide LA Metro with the funding needed to improve LA County's transportation system and ease the friction of traffic congestion. #MeasureM will raise more than $120 billion in the first 40 years for improved bus, rail, highways, streets, bicycle and pedestrian projects. And when you pledge to vote tell your friends to #VoteYesOnM on fb and twitter!
The revenue raised will be used to:
- Improve freeway traffic flow; reduce bottlenecks and ease traffic congestion.
- Expand the rail and rapid transit system; accelerate rail construction and build new rail lines; enhance local, regional, and express bus service; and improve system connectivity.
- Repave local streets, repair potholes, synchronize signals; improve neighborhood streets and intersections, and enhance bike and pedestrian connections.
- Keep the transit and highway system safe; earthquake-retrofit bridges, enhance freeway and transit system safety, and keep the transportation system in good working condition.
- Make public transportation more accessible, convenient, and affordable for seniors, students, and the disabled; provide better mobility options for our aging population; and provide better connectivity and access to public transportation for all.
- Embrace technology and innovation; incorporate modern technology, new advancements and emerging innovations into the local transportation system.
- Create jobs, reduce pollution, and generate local economic benefits; protect and monitor the public’s investments through independent oversight; increase personal quality time and overall quality of life.