We also worked with LA Metro Board Chair Hilda Solis on an op-ed about the need to pass this historic transit funding bill and received support from all five of LA County's Supervisors who asked for federal support for transit agencies to expand and improve their services.
As a result, funding in the infrastructure and Build Back Better bills will mean Los Angeles County riders will have:
- Improvements in operations to ensure that buses and trains run frequently and reliably
- More connections to safe and reliable public transit options for low-income residents
- New buses, trains and streetcars, and funding to repair or replace those that are out of service
- Improvements in the accessibility of public transit for seniors and people with mobility impairments
- Expansion of transit options in rural and tribal communities
- Investment in transportation solutions that reduce air pollution and help address the climate crisis.
At Move LA we believe that President Biden has accomplished a massive first step, and now we need Congress to complete the job and pass the Build Back Better Act. When combined, these two investments will begin to ensure safe, reliable and accessible transportation for everyone, no matter where they live.
We applaud President Biden and Congress for the passage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, and we urge Congress to pass the Build Back Better Act without delay. The tens of millions of people who depend on public transit cannot afford to wait any longer.