Register below for this free program!
LA Metro’s Long Range Transportation Plan is a blueprint for building out our public transportation network with high-quality transit funded by $120 Billion over 40 years from Measure R & M. But how do we connect the fixed-line system to key areas that don’t have transit connections and prepare our region for the Olympics in 2028?
Move LA will present some of the exciting opportunities planned for Los Angeles to make the Metro system more accessible to more people via urban gondolas, streetcars, monorails, and more. You will hear from transit leaders from around the world who have scaled these approaches in their city and then we will talk with those working to make it happen right here in LA County.
This early morning discussion on Thursday, March 31, at 8 a.m. will be led by California Transportation Commissioner and FASTLinkDTLA Executive Director Hilary Norton, who will be talking with:
• Transportation strategist David Grannis, President and CEO of point C and working on LA Aerial Rapid Transit;
• Victor Jasso, Director General of the Mexicable cable car in Ecatepec, Mexico;
• Downtown LA Streetcar Project Manager Derek Benedict;
• Tom Gerend, Executive Director of the Kansas City Streetcar Authority
• Patti MacJennett, External VP of the LA Tourism and Convention Board;
• Lisa Trifiletti who is implementing the City of Inglewood’s Transit Connector Project.
This virtual program on Zoom is generously supported by LA Aerial Rapid Transit and EXP. We thank them for their support!