Move LA is seeking a highly organized, creative individual contributor to join the team in a full- time capacity in early 2024. Candidates should possess strong administrative skills, including expertise in Microsoft Office products and database management. Strong coordination skills, time management abilities and expertise in management of multiple projects concurrently are all must haves for this position. The Manager will be required to work independently, be flexible and resourceful and be a personable team player.
The Move LA Manager will be a hybrid team member with a maximum of two days in-person weekly and occasional work on weekends and evenings. Move LA team member benefits include paid holidays, sick time, and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, and a range of professional development opportunities. The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $70,000 annually depending on experience.
The target start date for this position is Monday, February 5, 2024. To apply to join the Move LA team, please submit your resume, a writing sample and a cover letter (optional), no later than Friday January 5th, 2024, at 6pm PT. All documents must be uploaded as PDFs with the resume not to exceed 2 pages and a writing sample not to exceed 5 pages. Apply here
Upon submission of an application through the link above, candidates will be notified via email as to whether the submission was deemed complete. Candidates are required to have completed a minimum of two years of college or have the equivalent work experience as of January 5, 2024. Education/experience are to be documented within the uploaded resume.
The hiring process will include two interviews (one virtual on Zoom and one in-person at Move LA Offices located at the LA Cleantech Incubator). We anticipate a start date in February 2024.
Move LA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Our mission at Move LA's is to build broad coalitions to win transformative solutions to Southern California's transportation, affordable housing and climate challenges. To achieve impact in our local communities, Move LA leverages partnerships, supports good job creation and advances cross-sector campaigns.
• The Move LA Manager will play a pivotal role in our work—ensuring that our organization and our events run smoothly, that our digital content and message is clear and compelling and Move LA’s issues are well-represented in policy settings. Candidates with an interest in public transportation and urban planning will have unparalleled professional opportunities as a part of the Move LA team.
The Move LA Manager will hold direct responsibility for administrative operations, events logistics, public engagement activities and financial monitoring and documentation. They will work closely with our fiscal sponsor, Community Partners, which provides financial, accounting, payroll, legal, auditing, and other “back-end” services.
Below is a partial list of responsibilities to showcase daily work expectations.
Administrative Operations supported by our fiscal sponsor, Community Partners:
• Preparation and submission of quarterly lobbying reports
• Drafting and finalization of contracts
Financial Monitoring and Documentation:
• Download and track monthly financial statements and cashflow coding
• Prepare expense reports, staff reimbursements and vendor payments
• Coordinate invoices, check requests, accounts payable and receivable
• Oversee event registration, coordination and speakers
• Coordinate event staff, volunteers and vendors/vendor contracts
Public Engagement Activities:
• Daily management of Move LA’s Nation Builder CRM account
• Attend public and coalition meetings in-person and virtually
• Monitoring, posting promotional content, engaging with followers on social media
Our organization also values bilingual and multilingual candidates as well as technical skills in social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram YouTube) or Adobe design software (e.g., In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe PDF).