ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS NOW CLOSED. REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE ON SITE BEGINNING AT 5:30PM.
Help us celebrate some of the people who make big stuff happen by addressing our transit, climate and clean air challenges, lack of affordable housing, and the good jobs, jobs and more jobs needed for all the people who want/need to work! We will be honoring:
- LA County Supervisor Hilda Solis, Member of the LA County Board of Supervisors and Chair of the Metro Board of Directors;
- Ron Miller, (Retired) Executive Secretary at Los Angeles/Orange Counties Building & Construction Trades Council and Move LA Leadership Board/Executive Committee member;
- Joan Ling, Move LA Leadership Board/Executive Committee member and long-time affordable housing ally;
- Chanell Fletcher, Deputy Executive Officer of Environmental Justice for the California Air Resources Board;
- Alan Greenlee, Executive Director of the Southern California Association of Nonprofit Housing (SCANPH).
And we'd like to mention some big stuff we're working on right now, including:
- a voter initiative to raise the funds needed to prevent homelessness and develop affordable housing in the City of LA;
- fare-free transit passes statewide for everyone under the age of 25;
- a climate and clean air voter initiative to push back on climate change by funding cleaner cars and trucks and preventing wildfires;
- a roundtable with the LA/OC Building and Construction Trades Council to ID climate strategies that yield good-paying jobs through the development of hydrogen infrastructure.
Please join us for drinks and an informal dinner at the Boomtown Brewery in the Arts District on Thursday, June 2nd from 5:30-8pm.
EVENT COVID PROTOCOLS:
- Proof of full vaccination is required
- Masking is required except when eating or drinking (N95/KN95/N94 strongly recommended)
700 Jackson St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Google map and directions