Thanks to all 528 of you who participated in our 5thannual transportation conversation with labor leaders, CEOs of chambers and business federations, environmental and community leaders, and elected officials from cities, the county and the state.
- There is keen interest across the board in accelerating construction of our transit system, and all 4 mayoral candidates supported this.
- Everybody is on board to go back to Congress to secure financing tools to accelerate construction, including America Fast Forward bonds.
- There is keen interest in lowering the voter threshold – LA County voters have shown this twice with more than 66% voting for both Measure R and Measure J (71% voted for Measure J in the City of Los Angeles).
- There is keen interest in re-inventing redevelopment – utilizing tax increment financing within a half mile of high-frequency transit to pay for affordable housing, bike/ped projects and improvements such as parks and plazas.
- Residents of the City of Los Angeles applaud LA Mayor Villaraigosa for creating a Transit Corridors Cabinet to focus resources, policy and improvements along transit corridors.
Do you like this post?