Move LA's Leadership Board and coalition partners are meeting with new LA Metro CEO Phil Washington Tuesday to talk about the projects that we'd like to see funded in a new sales tax measure to achieve the objectives listed above.
We are keenly interested in:
- Completing the Metro Rail Transit Strategic Plan
- Ensuring that there is a robust operating budget that makes it possible to keep fares low
- Creating of network of Grand Boulevards that could include transit upgrades to bus rapid transit*
- Expand funding for active transportation and first-last-mile connections to stations
- Modernize the Metrolink commuter rail system
- Invest in clean goods movement with zero- + near-zero-emission vehicles
- Make neighborhoods better places in which to live without displacing current residents or local businesses
*Bus rapid transit (BRT) is high-quality, high-capacity bus service, with buses that often travel in exclusive lanes from station to station (not bus stop to bus stop), thereby avoiding traffic and providing a more comfortable ride. The Orange Line (from North Hollywood to Chatsworth) is “true BRT” in that it travels in its own right of way; the Silver Line (from El Monte to Gardena) travels in its own right of way some of the time.
Do you like this post?
Tom Williams commented 2015-07-15 10:23:00 -0700Only provided on Wednesday so it is Moot…why send out request when it is past due…tell us what was said…Dated..13 = mon, rec’d. 15 Wed, mtg on 14 Tues……