After the victories of Measures R + M + H, we approach Move LA's 9th Annual Transportation Conversation and our 10th year as an organization asking, “What’s Next, LA?” The Conference agenda is structured around our action program. We will discuss new challenges from affordable housing near transit to transit ridership, goods movement, clean air and climate change, and addresses them with the same thoughtful, future-oriented, pro-active, results-oriented, and comprehensive solutions that we have always looked to achieve.
8:30 AM WELCOME: Let's Celebrate the Bold New LA! Victories of Measures R+M+H
8:45 AM OUR NEXT CHALLENGES FEATURING:
- State Senator Ricardo Lara, 33rd District
- State Senator Fran Pavley (ret.), 27th District
9:30 AM WE HAVE TRANSIT CHALLENGES AND WHAT CAN WE DO?
- Plenary panel with transit leaders representing seniors, students, environmentalists, people with disabilities, active transit, and Metro
10:40 AM CAN LA COUNTY CREATE A TRULY EQUITABLE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT MODEL WITH OUR TRANSIT SYSTEM?
- Plenary panel with non-profit and for-profit developers, funders, business, community development, governmental, renters rights, and equitable community advocates
12:15 PM MOVE LA HONORS THE FIVE TRANSITEERS ON MEASURE M
- Presentation to Mayor Eric Garcetti, Supervisor Mike Antonovich (ret.), Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, Mayor Pro Tem John Fasana, and Metro CEO Phil Washington
12:55 PM WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH MEASURE M IMPLEMENTATION?
- Stephanie Wiggins, Deputy CEO of LA Metro
1:15 PM WHEN LA LEADS, THE WORLD WATCHES!
- Tom Steyer, Founder and President, NextGen America
1:35 PM CAN WE FINISH OUR TRANSPORTATION AND CLEAN AIR CHALLENGES?
- Supervisor Sheila Kuehl, LA County Board of Supervisors; SCAQMD Governing Board
1:55 PM CAN WE FIND A GRAND BARGAIN ON GOODS MOVEMENT THAT WILL CONQUER AIR POLLUTION & CLIMATE CHANGE?
- Plenary panel with business, labor, environmentalist, transit, clean technology, goods movement, trucking, transit, and public interest advocates
4:30 PM CLOSING REMARKS
- Denny Zane, Move LA Executive Director